|· Grown up without a father.
· Anxious on what people think as well as feeling pressured by her friends.
· ‘Stuck’ in a zone full of expectation, reckless decision making and academic pressure.
· Trying to find her way in life with the help of her mum and Michael.
· Is persuades with the times and struggles to find herself.
· Very opinionated and easily get protective when people talk about her culture
|· Grown up with a man who didn’t love her as well as not being her biological father.
· Strong capable woman who has raised a daughter by herself.
· Wants only for the best of Josie
· Her ideas about single mother with children have changed, going out with a doctor.
· Had to learn the hard way through life
· Doesn’t believe in the Italian lifestyle nor its traditions
|· Married a man who didn’t respect her.
· Anxious on what people think.
· Still ‘stuck’ in the Italian tradition (all that she has left?)
· Loves Christina and Josie very deeply (guilty of not protecting Christina)
· Doesn’t understand people’s ideas on certain topics e.g. women remarrying, single mothers etc.
· Very quick to judge other people yet gets offended when someone judges her