|– Grew up without a father
– Doesn’t feel like she belongs in the Australian or Italian community
– Two strong women in her life – doesn’t always want to listen to what they have to say
– Doesn’t want to show her grandmother her Australian boyfriend as she is afraid she will not approve.
|– Gave birth at a very young age which wasn’t approved in the Italian community
– Real father was Australian however she believes her father was Francesco, an Italian man.
– Cares and loves Josie a lot (raised her virtually alone)
– Gets annoyed when her mother tries to take control of her life
|– Left her parents at a very young age to marry a man who she didn’t love
– Had an affair but had to keep it a secret as the Italian community wouldn’t approve
– Came to foreign country without being able to speak the native language – thought Australians didn’t like her
– Doesn’t like it when Josie or Christina do something which is not part of Italian culture